expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

When success does not equal happiness

As time goes by I meet various new people as you do.

At the moment I seem to be meeting a lot more new people at work than I do socially. Maybe my social life is in the gutter (I blame the kids!).

Recently I seem to have put myself in the position where I'm meeting more managers and directors than previous. These higher ups that I meet seem to have a fair few things in common.

What are they you are thinking, some kind of major work ethic to ensure they grind there way upwards at all time, a magnificent network of colleagues who help them manage the endless workload or some kind of pomodoro-esque productivity system that makes them only have to work one day a week? Well probably but they don't seem to want to share this with me.

What they have shared with me so far is their rigourous and unending hatred for all of human kind. It would seem that they are all clearly scoiopaths let loose by the state or maybe not diagnosed as yet. Willy nilly throwing around deadlines that only seem to help themselves ensure they maintain their own salaries and bonus levels. Whilst caring not for anyone they trample on their way to new found glories.

So what are we the people meant to do about this. Well there are a couple of things, ensuring we all have a proper FU fund. Making sure we are saving ALL the time, this means every month even if it's as little as £1 and of course sticking it to the man whenever possible.

We can play along with the games these higher ups and hopefully when we get to their level change the system to make it easier for the next guy / smash the system up from within!

In the mean time lets keep on ticking off those savings targets and looking forward to that happy day in the not so distant future where we can walk away happy knowing we have changed things for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment